1. What is your favourite rock or mineral?Why?
2. Where would you commonly find this rock or mineral?
3. What are the characteristics of this rock or mineral?
4. Provide at least 3 links to websites that are good resources to learn more about this rock or mineral.
*Please choose a rock or mineral that no one else in the class has selected already.
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
1. Find one useful, relevant and interesting website that would be helpful for sometime who wanted to learn more about the structure and composition of the Earth. Include the url of the site, and provide a 50-100 word critique of this website (i.e. annotated bibliography). Be sure to highlight the pros and cons of this site, and comment on it's validity (i.e. is it a unviersity site, government, or some guy in his basement?).
2. Open and view at least three other sites posted by others in the class.
Friday, March 8, 2013
Pick one geological time period or epoch (i.e. Jurrassic) from any of the geological time periods. List and describe three major biological events and three major geological events that occurred during that time period. Provide an explanation and synopsis of one of these events. Be sure to provide a list of websites / sources that you used.
Comment on at least one other posting from a classmate.